As the first recipe on this blog, I present to you a vanilla-fruit cake that is perfect for celebrating summer birthdays (maybe I’ll make it for myself too!). I prepared two versions of the recipe – one version is a regular cake that contains milk and dairy products. The second version is intended for everyone who cannot enjoy dairy products. But I guarantee that they are both equally delicious, I personally think the other is even better, probably because of the coconut milk.
Vanilla-fruit cake – version with milk
- 6 eggs
- 170 g of sugar
- 200 g of flour
- 1 baking powder
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 1 liter of milk
- 3 vanilla puddings
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 150 g butter/margarine
- Apple juice to moisten the biscuit
- Mixed fruits (kiwi, pineapple, various berries – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries – can also be frozen ()
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 bananas
- 1 small sweet cream (250 ml) and fruit for garnish
- Prepare a round baking dish with a diameter of 26 cm, line it with baking paper, and grease the edge. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Whisk the eggs with the sugar – mix until the mass is very pale. Add flour, baking powder, and vanilla sugar. Mix well, but carefully. I mix it a bit with a mixer at the beginning, then continue with a cooker or spoon to keep the biscuit nicely fluffy. Pour the mass into a baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let’s prepare the cream. Boil a liter of milk, add sugar while heating, and when the milk boils, add the puddings. Cook until boiling. Set the pudding aside and let it cool. We also prepare butter or. margarine to make it soft when we whip it.
- Once the biscuit has cooled, cut it twice. Prepare the mixed fruit: cut it into smaller pieces and sprinkle with two tablespoons of sugar. Mix well and leave. If the pudding has cooled, beat the butter/margarine and add the pudding. Stir to form a smooth mixture.
- Prepare the base for the cake (the tray on which we will serve it and the cake napkin). I place kitchen towels along the sides of the cake to keep the napkin nicely clean – as you can see in the picture.
Place the first layer of biscuit on top. Moisten the biscuit with apple juice. Spread about a quarter of the cream. Peel two bananas, cut them into thin rings, and cover the entire surface.
Spread the second quarter of the cream on it.
We take the fruit we have prepared, drain the water that has dropped it and sprinkle half of it over the cake.
Cover with another biscuit and moisten it again. Repeat the process – cream, bananas, cream, fruit. Cover with the third biscuit and moisten it.
5. It’s time for the cake decoration. Whip the sweet cream. Coat the whole cake. You can decorate it of your choice, below you have three suggestions. You can sprinkle cream in piles, garnish with sliced fruit…